How do spline surfaces and patches for MAXON Cinema 4D work?
BlackStar SPLURF is a tool set for generating parametrical surfaces (or patches) from any spline types supported by Cinema 4D. Beside the Spline Surface Object itself, SPLURF includes an easy-to-use Selector to quickly generate patches of an exisiting spline model. It further contains a Connector Object making multiple spline surfaces adjustable at once.
SPLURF Spline Surface Object
- Create spline surfaces from 3 or 4 splines or instances of splines
- Individual parametric subdivison in both directions
- Parametric extrusion of the spline patch object
- Optionally generates UV coordinates
- Provides the possibility to include offset values from each direction
- Specifiable accuracy
SPLURF Selector Tool
With this tool you can easily create spline surface models. It automatically detects where a spline patch can be placed and is inserted automatically on a mouse click- all directly in the visual editor of Cinema 4D.
SPLURF Connector Object
- Combines multiple spline surfaces to a single model being adjustable as a whole
- Adjustable tolerance to achieve the best results dependent on your individual model
- Automatically aligns normal directions
- Offers own extrusion features for the whole model
SPLURF spline surfaces and patches are available for:
- C4D Windows / Mac OS X both 32 and 64 bit
- for all Cinema4D Versions since 9.1+