form•Z 8 Jr introduces subdivision modeling as a new personality to form•Z's diverse modeling capabilities. Subdivision modeling is a method for creating unique organic forms. These organic models start from a simple base cage that can be dynamically manipulated and reformed with a new suite of tools that provide operations like grow. Subdivision models are parametric allowing for continued manipulation as well as dynamic control of the surface resolution.
The subdivision tools are also useful for quickly smoothing or softening a facetted model. Subdivision objects can be converted to NURBS for additional manipulation and evaluation using form•Z’s extensive NURBS tools. Subdivision objects work great with 3D printing as they produce regular meshes that tend to give excellent results with popular 3D printers. Useful for tensile structures, organic surfaces ranging from exotic roofs to character meshes, these new tools make form•Z more versatile than ever before!
The form•Z interactive display modes have been completely rewritten to take advantage of modern OpenGL capabilities. This is most noticeable in Shaded Full display mode with new real-time ambient occlusion, bump mapping, soft shadows and multi sampling features. These improvements aid in real-time visualization and design evaluation as they yield better depth perception and spatial definition. The image to the right illustrates the effect of these new features.
Sketchfab.com is a website that allows you to share your 3D models so others can view and navigate around the model in real time. You can publish your models through Sketchfab.com, or you can embed them into your own web pages. There is a new Sketchfab upload option in the Extensions menu that allows for uploads to Sketchfab directly from form•Z.
formZ Jr is a new 3D modeler developed by AutoDesSys for quick, easy, simple, yet robust 3d modeling. Why formZ Jr might you ask? It is here to fill in the gap for a simple and easy to use application on the fly without restrictive limitations down the road for a dead end!
The goal is to offer conceptual and sketching stages of design, yet CAD accurate models that can be used further down the production pipeline such as construction drawings, renderings, animation, fabrication, rapid prototyping with 3D printing, or with any application that depends on good clean solid 3D models.
You can think of formZ Jr as a small and intuitive application, but BIG on features and capabilities it offers. A smart modeler that's constantly thinking behind the scene and anticipates your next move, making decisions for you based on what you are doing and where the cursor is, thus helping speed up the modeling process. Out of the hundreds of available features, AutoDesSys has picked 10 to tell why we think users will love and get excited about formZ Jr. Allow us to engage your attention for a few moments with the countdown:
formZ Jr offers ORGANIC FORMS
- If you are tired of being limited to "boxy" shapes, how about NURBS modeling
- Create edit, and sculpt complex forms
formZ Jr offers DEFORMATIONS that work on any solid or surface
formZ Jroffers SPECIALTY TOOLS peppered throughout the application
- The ROOF TOOL (Create parametric solid roof)
- The STAIR TOOL (Create parametric solid stairs)
- The TERRAIN TOOL (Meshed, Stepped, or Triangulated contours)
-The SECTION TOOL (Interactively cut sections using real-time Booleans)
- Generates true solid objects
formZ Jr offers CONTENT LIBRARY with
- Trees, Furniture, People
- Doors and Windows that automatically insert openings
- Create your own content from any b3d file
- Or download from 3D Warehouse
formZ Jr offers EASY SCULPTING with
- Draw and insert on faces
- Reshape faces
- Offset faces or segments
- Done with REAL TIME BOOLEANS
formZ Jr offers a FLUID, POWERFUL and SMART INTERFACE with
- Automatic guides
- Intelligent snapping
- Speeds up the modeling process
formZ Jr PLAYS WELL WITH OTHERS
- 20+ import/export formats
- Import aerial sites grom Google Earth
- Insert models from 3d Warehouse
formZ Jr offers ADVANCED REAL-TIME RENDERING with
- 300 materials
- Live interactive texture mapping
formZ Jr offers the MATCH VIEW TOOL to
- Match a formZ Jr model with a background image
There are a numerous improvements throughout form•Z 8 Jr:
- The Tight Lofting option of the NURBS by lofting tool now supports the Closed in Depth (V) option.
- The Offset Outline tool can be applied to multiple outlines in a single operation. This makes it possible to offset multiple outlines on different objects the same distance simultaneously. A new option has been added to apply the offset at preset numeric distance in addition to the existing dynamic method
- The Shift key now disables guide snaps in the Cone Of Vision making it possible to make subtle changes to view parameters.
- Components can now be viewed by name using the new List view in the Component Manager. The new Component Information button displays information about a component including how many times the component is placed in the project.
- Materials can now be organized into groups making it easier to organize projects with many materials.
- The Materials palette has been updated to be consistent with all form•Z palettes including control items at the top of the palette and a context menu for quick access to features.
- The .fmz file format has been optimized to make files more compact. A new File Optimization option has been added to the Project Settings allowing for even smaller project files. Files saved with Auto Save feature use the smallest size to improve performance.
- The accelerator keys (accessed by pressing the space bar and typing) now work more logically by typing the name of the desired tool (or at least enough unique characters ). The option to use the previous method remains in the Tool Manager.
- The DXF/DWG translators now support the AutoCad 2014 format. Export of DWF and SVG have been added.
- ACIS support has been upgraded to r24.
- RenderZone now uses Lightworks 9.1 which includes a number of performance improvements.
- The Windows versions use a new installer making installation easier and better integrated with the Windows operating system.
- Many additional performance and stability improvements.
* Note that complex models or large texture maps may require additional memory.
Macintosh OS X:
- Macintosh computer with Intel processor.
- OS X 10.7.5 or later.
* Note that the latest updates are recommended.
*OS X 10.9.2 ( or later) may be requiered on machines with ATI Video Cards.
Hard Disk Space:
- Minimum: 2 GB
- Recommended: 5 GB+
* Note that complex models or large texture maps may require additional hard disk space.
- Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1.
* Note that the latest service packs are recommended.
See Microsoft’s web site for available service packs.
Required for product activation, software updates and access to on line manuals and tutorial videos.
Required for software installation for orders delivered on DVD disc.
A video card that supports OpenGL version 3.2 or later is required. For best results, a video card with a minimum benchmark score of ~1500 is recommended, and for larger files, ~3500 or better is preferred.
AutoDesSys bonzai3d – Demo | Demoversionen von 3D Software
Als Fachhändler stehen wir eng und herstellerunabhängig an Ihrer Seite. Unterstützen Sie uns, indem Sie Ihre 3D Software bei uns testen und auch kaufen.