Key Features in V-Ray for Softimage:
- Render particles, strands, hair, and geometry produced by Softimage's award-winning ICE system.
- Manage scene memory and efficiently render massive amounts of geometry with V-Ray Proxy.
- Render dynamic geometry such as displacement, proxy objects, fur, and hair.
- Use all geometry animation and deformations applied through animated parameters and key frames, the Animation Mixer, and ICE-based simulations.
- Create materials based on physical properties using V-Ray's versatile shaders.
- Use built-in Render Tree procedural shaders, computational, and logic nodes.
- Simplify the texturing process and eliminate the need to assign UVs using Ptex.
- Simplify the creation of complex multi-layered automotive paints using the VRayCarPaintMtl.
- Render hair and fur with unprecedented control, quality, and speed using the VRayHairMtl.
Lights & Illumination
- Create simple, artifact-free image-based lighting using the Dome Light.
- Create realistic illumination using physically-based lights, including IES lights and texture-mapped area lights.
- Emulate real-world atmospheric lighting conditions using the V-Ray Sun and Sky system.
Cameras & Optics
- Render true 3D motion blur using the V-Ray Physical Camera.
- Create fast and accurate depth of field with bokeh effects using the V-Ray Physical Camera.
- Import displacement maps from Nuke to match lens distortion.
MATERIALS & SHADING
Create materials based on physical properties using VRay's versatile shaders.
- V-Ray for Softimage supports many built-in Render Tree procedural shaders, computational, and logic nodes; and new ones are added regularly.
- V-Ray Blend materials quickly render complex materials using the V-Ray Blend material, or use built-in Softimage texture layers for additional flexibility.
- Ptex greatly simplifies the texturing process by efficiently storing textures and eliminating the need to assign UVs.
- Apply per-vertex transformations to geometry and color attributes using Weightmaps.
Hair and Fur
- Render hair and fur with unprecedented control, quality, and speed using the VRayHairMtl shader.
Car Paint Material
- VRayCarPaintMtl offers controls for base paint, clear coat, and metallic flakes within a single, optimized shader. The VrayCarPaintMtl simplifies the creation of complex, multi-layered automotive paints.
- Create simple cartoon outlines using the V-Ray Toon shader.
- Add realism using dispersion to trace and refract light based on its wavelength.
- An extensive list of render elements allows for complete control in compositing.
Multi-channel Scanline OpenEXR Files
- Produce scanline-based OpenEXR files for efficient processing in compositing applications.
Support for .vrscene Output
- Using V-Ray’s native .vrscene file format, scenes can be scripted for post processing and easily distributed in a render farm environment.
Import Material Properties
- Basic material properties created in 3ds Max or Maya can be imported to V-Ray for Softimage.
Fragen zu V-Ray für Softimage - EDUCATION
Stellen Sie Ihre Frage
Unser 3D Blog
Mit unserem regelmäßigen 3D-Blog stellen wir 3D-Artists, Tutorials, Tests, Showreels und 3D-News aus der ganzen 3D Welt vor.